DISCOVERING FISHER MALL AND PLAYLAND


We live in Quezon City and our idea of going out on weekends is going to the mall. We usually go to Robinsons Magnolia or SM North EDSA. In fact, we go there all the time we’ve gotten tired of it already. A couple of weeks ago we finally tried a new mall: Fisher Mall, which is actually the nearest mall to our condo.

I’m so happy we finally got to try it because they do have restaurants that we’ve never tried.

I think Sadako will also be asking for us to go there because of their Playland, which she enjoyed so much.


She enjoyed the rides and catching a basketball game that got her cheering every single time a team tried to shoot a ball, which was every 15 seconds or so.



It was also her first time to try bump cars. We were the only ones there but she didn’t mind.


But the highlight of her Playland experience was the carousel. She is a big fan of Disney Princesses and has these carriage toys for her dolls so she really likes pretending she’s one of them and riding this super small carriage in a mini-carousel in Robinsons Magnolia. Imagine her surprise when she saw this huge merry-go-round that had many horses and a big-ass carriage. She dragged her mom there and didn’t even want to leave after the first round.


After trying out other rides, Sadako asked to ride the carousel again. And because I didn’t have enough load in the card and didn’t want to reload it anymore coz I was being frugal, I asked her if she was okay riding it alone. Not a problem with her, actually. She didn’t need me or her mother; she just wanted to ride it again. I knew it was safe and she’d be okay but there was still this bittersweet feeling letting go. However, when I saw her in her little carriage, sitting properly and looking well-behaved, I instantly felt proud of how independent she looked.

Now that I look back, now that I look at her photos there all alone in the carriage, I get so emotional because although we parents would want to be with our kids forever, there will come a time when we need to let them go so they could grow on their own. The best thing we can do is prepare and equip them for that day. And that is exactly what I hope I have been doing ever since she was born.

Popular posts from this blog

I AUDITIONED FOR SMOKEY MOUNTAIN

TOMS OPENS FLAGSHIP STORE IN SM MEGAMALL’S MEGA FASHION HALL

MY 3-YEAR-OLD IS ALREADY WEARING A BRA